Last friday I had the pleasure of interviewing with a company called RMF Engineering, Inc. The atmosphere and general attitude in the offices were amazingly joyful yet productive. After a thorough interview and a drafting in AutoCAD, I headed back home to await the phone call telling me yes or no. On the following monday I got the call and got the job. I am extremely excited to start working for this great engineering firm. I will be doing design work on chillers and boilers along with surveying. I start in the fall and can not wait.
Monthly Archives: March 2012
This is an interesting video of a guy that made a simple external combustion engine. “A Stirling engine is a heat engine operating by cyclic compression and expansion of air or other gas, the working fluid, at different temperature levels such that there is a net conversion of heat energy to mechanical work.”
I just saw this amazing article boasting a LED that was engineered by MIT that produces 69 picowatts of light while only using 30 picowatts of power giving this LED an efficiency of 230 percent!!! This is incredible and is the future of lighting. Check out the article link below!
The Mount was rendered in SolidWorks for my graphics course at NC State University.
This was a particularly interesting drawing to tackle. At first I sketched the one of the side drill holes and then used circular mirror patterns to make 4 more holes each at 90 degrees to eachother. I then extruded the sketch. The angle cuts were the tricky part. I sketched in the frontal plane and made a right triangle with the proper angle needed. I then cut with that sketch to the proper width. The counter-bore hole in the middle was just a simple cut. This drawing took me 40-50 min due to having to figure out how to cut the angled plane.
The Bracket was rendered in SolidWorks for my graphics course at NC State University.
This was a simple build but made me think about which plane I was working in. I started in the horizontal plane to get the base and then I went to the frontal plane to get the top mount. I merged the two pieces and then did the circle cuts in the top part. This drawing took me 10-15 min.